Get a Library Card
If you live in the Adams County Library District you can get a free library card. You have actually already paid for it through taxes.
You can get a library card at our location downtown on Commerce Street with photo identification and proof of current address. For address verification, bring one of the following:
- Mississippi driver's license.
- Mississippi voter’s registration card.
- Rental receipt, lease, or deed.
- Postmarked mail (must be accompanied by ID verifying name).
- Vehicle registration.
- Checks imprinted with name and address.
- Vehicle insurance card.
- Adams County tax bill
Children under 18 can get a card with a parent or guardian's identification and signature. All children, from birth through 12th grade, living in Adams County, can get free juvenile library cards. Juveniles cannot borrow videos or DVDs from the adult AV collection.
Cards are good for three years. When your card expires, we will re-verify your address and renew your card. There is a $2.50 charge to replace lost, damaged, or stolen cards.
Other people can use your library card. But, you are responsible for any items checked out on that card. If you lose your card, report it immediately.
Library Card Application - Printable Version
Print and complete an application; bring it to Judge George W. Armstrong Library with proof of current address and receive a library card with full borrowing privileges.
- This is a PDF application for a single individual. When clicked it will open a new window or tab so that you can print it out, fill it out and return it to the library.Single Application
- This is a PDF application for a family. When clicked it will open a new window or tab so that you can print it out, fill it out and return it to the library.Family Application